Behind the Cooking: Beef Bulgogi Rice Topping
February 23, 2012
Hi guys! How are you all doing? Here’s the recipe for the Beef Bulgogi Rice Topping I made and posted last time. I got this from the January/February issue of Yummy magazine. Their first “5 Ingredients Only” Recipe.
So here are the ingredients:
- 1 cup beef, sukiyaki cut
- 1 to 3 tablespoons yakiniku or bulgogi sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onions
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- cooked rice, to serve
I actually didn’t follow the measurements in this recipe. I think I used 1/4 kilo of the Australian rib eye (sukiyaki cut) that we bought. Then for the bulgogi sauce, we bought it from SM Hypermarket and I used half of it. haha! For the spring onions, I chopped some of it then sprinkled it with the beef after. Same with the sesame seeds, grabbed a few pinches and sprinkled it with the beef.
1. Marinate beef in yakiniku or bulgogi sauce for 15 minutes. (I marinated the beef overnight).
2. Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Cook beef to desired doneness, about 4-7 minutes.
The other instructions and more pictures after the cut.